Your shopping bag is empty
Only on pre-order, ready to ship in 1 week!
The World's Blackest Paint available to the public!
General black acrylic paints absorbs around 94-98% of light however Musou Black absorbs up to 99.4% of light in the visible light range.
This water-based acrylic paint can easily be applied using an air-brush or a paint-brush. Achieving an overwhelming blackness has never been easier!
We recommend painting Musou Black with an air-brush. By applying multiple thin layers of powder coatings, you can achieve a blackness that will absorb up to 99.4% of light!
Even if painted with a paint-brush, this paint maintains the world's highest class light absorption rate of 98.8%! It has a high concealment and low reflection performance, yet has much lower viscosity than general acrylic paints, and it is easy to make a smooth non-reflective surface.
Comparison between Black 3.0 & Musou Black
As you can see here, Black 3.0 is no longer the "World's Blackest Black" paint. After testing, we found out that Black 3.0's true absorption rate is around 97.5%. Although Black 3.0's and Musou Black's absorption rates are kind of close, (Black 3.0=97.5%, Musou Black=99.4%), you can see that there is a clear difference between the two. Musou Black has a matte texture and it is easy to make a non-reflective smooth surface.
More videos about Musou black:
Instructions how to paint:
- Musou Black can easily be applied with a brush or an air-brush. In order to achieve the best result, we strongly recommend air-brushing. By repeatedly applying multiple thin layers of powder coatings with an air-brush, you can achieve an ultra-black coating that can absorb up to 99.4% of visible-light!
- It is recommended to thin Musou Black with water depending on the nozzle size of your air-brush and settings.
- Nozzle sizes above 0.5 = shouldn’t require thinning
- Nozzle sizes 0.5 and below = most likely require thinning with water to prevent clogging
- Please be sure to check out the "How-to-Paint" video below for tips and tricks for air-brushing Musou Black Paint!
- Even when painted with a paint brush, Musou Black Paint maintains an industry-leading light absorption rate of 98.8%! Due to its lower viscosity compared to general acrylic paints, it is easy to achieve a non-reflective matte surface.
- Product Name: Musou Black
- Product Type: Synthetic resin paint, Water based acrylic paint
- Ingredients: Synthetic resin (acrylic), pigment, antifungal agent, water
- A non-water-absorbent material may require a surface treatment or primer.
- Capacity: 15 liter
Precautions for use:
- Due to the properties of the powdery light-absorbing layer, the durability of the top coating is very low, so fading and peeling of the coating will occur even with light contact.
- The painted object may shrink and crack.
- Particle dust will be produced during the painting process, so please wear protective equipment such as eye goggles and a face mask.
- Musou Black does not suppress infrared reflections.
- Not recommended for outdoor or automotive uses.
Important: Each country's regulations for importing paint is different which means some countries may allow importing of this paint while others may not. Be sure to check your country's regulations BEFORE purchasing the paint. We can provide the English SDS, and the test reports for REACH & RoHS. The following are attached below so please take a look. Please purchase at your own responsibility. We appreciate your understanding.
IF FOR ANY REASON YOUR PACKAGE IS RETURNED BACK TO US IN AUSTRIA WITHOUT ANY PRIOR ADEQUATE COMMUNICATION, WE WILL REFUND YOU ONLY THE PRODUCT COST.
For USA customers: Although Musou Black has cleared the TRA and is LHAMA certified, please be advised that the product may contain ingredients that are not on the TSCA inventory. Due to this, the importer (you) may need to claim R&D exemption. This labeling means that you may only use the products for your research and development (R&D) activities. Please refer to the following link: https://www.epa.gov/tsca-import-export-requirements/basic-information-tsca-import-export-requirements#tsca
* When viewed by the naked eye, each person's perception of "blackness" may differ depending on the lighting environment and other conditions.
Total reflectance values of our materials are based on the industry-standard AOI 8° index. Total reflectance is the measurement result of combining both diffuse reflection and specular reflection measurements. AOI 8° means that the light is incident at an angle of 8° from the normal.
For example, based on this index, our "Foam" series consistently absorbs light from ultraviolet to near-infrared light ranges. This performance is achieved by the uneven structure derived from the foaming process and the composition of carbon atoms blended into the resin.
We also offer a variety of fabrics. Our entry-level “VL Flock Sheet” is cost-effective and provides strong light-absorption performance in the visible light range. In contrast, our “IR Flock Sheet” provides improved ultraviolet and excellent infrared light-absorption performance, which are the weak points of the entry-level VL Flock Sheet. Our premium fabrics, Musou Black Fabric FR and Musou Black Fabric KIWAMI, are our blackest products and have the best visible-light absorbing performances. The FR variant is treated to be fire-resistant and is great for indoor use. Meanwhile, our flagship, Musou Black Fabric KIWAMI, is the World’s Blackest Fabric in the visible-light range.
Musou Black Paint's light-absorption performance will vary depending on the painting method, so please keep that in mind when applying. For best results, please apply with an air-brush.